Blake Griffin’s real name is Blake Austin Griffin, he was born on 16th March 1989. Blake is an American Professional Basketball Player for the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has been playing basketball since college for Oklahoma Sooners. He was named Consensus National Player of the Year as a sophomore. In the 2009 NBA draft, Blake was selected first overall by the Los Angeles Clippers. Since then he has been five-time NBA All-Star and four-time All-NBA selection.
At Oklahoma Christian School he won four high school state titles. His father and coach Tommy Griffin has guided him. For Sooners, he played for two seasons and then in 2009 he entered in NBA draft. Due to an injury in 2009 preseason finale and missed 2009-10 entire season.
His mother’s name is Gail Griffin. He and his older brother Tylor Griffin was homeschooled by their mother from grade one to until Taylor was in tenth.
Workout routine of Blake Griffin
Blake follows a rigorous workout routine to maintain his physique and agility. Matrisciano who is famous for his sand training helps him in his workout.
- He starts by running on the sand for 40 minutes. It helps in increases his lower body strength and improves his balance. On some days Matrisciano makes him run ankle deep in the sand while dragging attached weights.
- Then after that, he performs a lot of static and dynamic stretching
- After that he does Push-ups
- And then, he performs Pull-ups
- Then he does Uphill training
- After that, he does Core exercises. He uses Swiss ball a lot in his core workout routine.
- And at last, he does Cardio exercises like walking on a treadmill or swimming 3-4 times a week.
Diet Plan of Blake Griffin
He follows a strict diet routine to keep his body lean and energetic. His diet mainly has fruit, vegetables, fish and chicken. He keeps himself distant from red meat.
Personal Details of Blake Griffin
- His real name is Blake Austin Griffin.
- He was born on March 16, 1989.
- He was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA.
- His nationality is American.
- His height is 6 feet and 10 inches.
- Blake’s weight is 114 kg.
- He did his schooling from Oklahoma Christian.
- From 2007-2009 he was in Oklahoma college.
- He plays in power forward position.
- He plays in NBA league.
- Blake has been playing since 2009-present.
- He played in Los Angeles Clippers from 2009 to 2018.
- He is playing for Detroit from this year.
- 5× NBA All-Star (2011–2015)
- 3× All-NBA Second Team (2012–2014)
- All-NBA Third Team (2015)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2011)
- NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (2011)
- National college player of the year (2009)
- Consensus first-team All-American (2009)
- Big 12 Player of the Year (2009)
- No. 23 retired by University of Oklahoma
- McDonald’s All-American (2007)
Last Blog- Ryback Allen Reeves
Image Credit- Google